In light of numerous revelations of sexual misconduct that have become public in recent months, it is clear that organizations cannot sit idly by in hopes that the news cycle will change the conversation. The reality is that these revelations are not new issues in the workplace. They have existed for decades, but far too many victims have felt silenced, fearful, powerless, misunderstood, and alone, and therefore lacked the courage to speak up. These attributes are directly correlated to a toxic workplace culture.
In this course, Dr. Davis will guide participants through a discussion on this important topic that has now evolved into a powerful movement. She will share personal stories, lessons learned, best practices and strategies for how to influence and lead a workplace culture transformation---one that will empower more victims to speak up, leaders to stand up, and organizations to ramp up their policies, practices, and processes.
- Assess your knowledge of what is harassment.
- Explain the statutory regulations and legal background of harassment.
- Define the forms of harassment and what constitutes harassing behaviors.
- Identify the effects that harassment has inside the workplace.
- Discuss your leadership role in preventing harassment/ discrimination in the workplace.
- Review workplace scenarios and the appropriate actions.
- Identify strategies for leading a culture transformation that results in a more inclusive, welcoming, and respectful workplace.
We find that the educational process is enhanced through interactive learning. Throughout the course Dr. Davis engages participants in their learning process through worksheets, handouts, and quizzes.
Are you looking for a more personalized harassment program? We offer the option to customize this course with your organization's branding and a personalized video from your CEO. Three year licensing options are also available for housing on your company's learning management system (LMS).
Certificate of Completion
Who doesn't want to be awarded for their success? Upon successful completion of the 17 modules and a passing grade on the final quiz, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Dr. Shirley Davis and SDS Global Enterprises, Inc. have passed the rigorous scrutiny of both the The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) and has earned their Approved Preferred Provider Certification. This important certification means that SDS Global Enterprises’ programs meet the standards and requirements of the HR profession’s Body of SHRM Competencies and Knowledge instituted by SHRM and HRCI’s strict guidelines for offering HR education. Therefore, SHRM’s Professional Development Credits (PDCs) and HRCI’s continuing Education Credits (CEUs) and Certificates of Completion for programs provided by SDS Global Enterprises may be awarded.
- Intro and Overview
- 02_Assess Your Knowledge
- Harassment Quiz
- Current Climate
- Current Climate Worksheet
- My Story and Why Victims Don't Speak Out
- Why Victims Don't Speak Worksheet
- Federal Regulations
- Harassment Laws
- Definitions of Harassment
- Four Types of Harassment
- Four Types of Harassment Worksheet
- More Facts About Harassment
- How to Handle Complaints
- Investigating Complaints
- Handling Claims Worksheet
- Your Responsibilities
- Your Responsibilities
- Key Points to Remember When Investigating
- Intro to Culture
- Culture Transformation Part 1
- Culture Transformation Part 2
- Case Studies
- Case Study A
- Case Study B
- Case Study C
- Summary and Takeaways
- Final Completion Quiz
President, SDS Global Enterprises, Inc.email@example.com